The Parkway School district has a new tool in its toolbelt in efforts to improve school bus safety.
FOX2 reports 12 of the district's 148 buses are equipped with digital cameras on the exterior to see if cars are stopping when the bus stop sign arm goes up.
District officials told the station that last year, without the cameras, 55 vehicles drove through the stopping arm.
See More on Patch
- Snow Closes Some Schools Monday
- 5 Candidates State Their Positions on Ladue School District Issues
- Report: Parkway North Band Director Saves More Than 100 Lives On Spring Break Trip
- Heavy Snowfall Causes Second Day of School Cancellations
- Snowstorm Cancels School in Major West, Central St. Louis County Districts
Most Popular articles
- Developer Targets More Than 250 Homes In Buyout For Retail Project
- Authorities Say Creve Coeur Fire Scene Has History With Police
- Cops: Student Missionary Started Car Fires At Missouri Baptist U
- Holocaust Reference Sparks Post-Election Council Exchange
- Restaurant Inspections: Creve Coeur First Watch, New ALDI Inspected