Tomorrow is National Bike to Work Day and Trailnet is celebrating with proclamations and refueling stations for breakfast and coffee.
NPR reports that more than 730,000 Americans ride their bikes to work, according to data compiled by the U.S. Census' American Community Survey, taken in 2010. But many would-be cyclists say they're worried about riding alongside cars.
Bike to Work Day celebrates those riders who opt to get to work on two wheels. Riders that stop at one of the refueling stations will receive complimentary breakfast and coffee thanks to Companion bakery.
The event runs from 6:30-9 a.m.
- Big Shark, 6133 Delmar Boulevard in the Loop, St. Louis
- Children's Hospital, 1 Children's Place, St. Louis, hosted by St. Louis Children's Hospital
- , St Louis, hosted by Dave Mungenast
- Downtown Bicycle Station, 1011 Locust Street, St. Louis,
- Ferguson Bicycle Shop, 429 South Florissant Road, Ferguson, hosted by Live Well Ferguson
- , Clayton, hosted by Pedal the Cause
- Missouri History Museum, St. Louis
- Missouri Botanical Gardens, corner of Tower Grove and Shaw, St. Louis
- , Clayton, hosted by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- , Webster Groves, hosted by Team Revolution
- Temple Emanuel, 12166 Conway Road, St. Louis,
See our 2011 Bike to Work Day coverage