This is a Technical Business Analyst role with Financial Market/Exchange knowledge. Need candidates with some SQL knowledge to extract and review data, a little infrastructure knowledge would be a plus.
The job of the Business Analyst is to research and document various Exchange Data Feed Requirements, as well as perform Data Validation.
Acts as a liaison between either Development and the client/vendor or the internal group and the business client.
Depending on the nature of the project, may also undertake a combination of project management and technical implementation analyst tasks.
Responsible for the collection, analysis, review, documentation, and communication of business needs and requirements, by translating business requirements into more specific technical requirements.
Assesses the needs of a client through direct interaction and acts as an intermediary in the communication between development/QA teams and the business clients.
- Acts as a liaison between various local technology teams, support teams, and business units to analyze, document, review, and secure agreement on business requirements for local Venues.
- Assurance that alignment with global standards is met. Leadership in suggestion/implementation of new and better process standards.
- Owns Venues Specific Product Functional Specifications (PFS) component requirements, and organizes the test cases (documenting the steps) which arise from them, including analysis/guidance with automation.
- Responsible for various data testing aspects of the product, including both test case creation and execution
- Interaction with clients and internal support groups to analyze and respond to requirements and certain service issues.
- Participate in analysis and recommend of various standards for global platform groups.
- Review/Analyze/Advise requirements and impact of complex new venues and Day 1 changes
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish successful and results-oriented working relationships with a diverse set of personalities.
- Fair knowledge and understanding of technology concepts, including the ability to acclimate quickly to unfamiliar environments. Emphasis on infrastructure applications and networking. Experience with command language operating systems (i.e. DOS or UNIX)
- Excellent analytical abilities. Ability to challenge status quo and suggest solutions for a variety of organizational, process, and technical issues.
- Superior initiative - consistent behavior of self-motivation to drive self and team
- Excellent Time Management - Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Possess and display a high level of motivation, including the ability to inspire others to a higher standard.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or MIS
- Previous Technical Writing experience, especially in the area of requirements documentation
- The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years experience within financial data related environment
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with financial market data feeds from a variety of exchanges/contributors.
I will post my positions on this site often, which will include a summary of the position, requirements, client location and terms. In addition, I also post positions on the following networking sites, please feel free to connect:
In the recruiting world, it is all about networking, so please feel free to share my contact information with those in your IT network, as everyone knows someone in IT who may be considering a change in employment.
I look forward to providing potential job leads to you, guiding you through the interview process, and landing you a position you will feel good about.
My contact information: