101 ESPN technically went outside the family in hiring a new co-host to go along with Zach McCrite. The station announced Thursday afternoon that Bob Ramsey, a station veteran who had been in an 6 p.m. timeslot for the past year before his contract had reportedly expired recently, would be paired with McCrite, starting February 11 in the 9 a.m.-11 a.m. period.
The station had used a variety of guest co-hosts since former Rams coach Rick Venturi left a full-time perch to tend to a hip replacement and spend more time with family. That group included Ramsey, who talked to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about the chemistry he had built with McCrite.
Ramsey has remained as the voice of St. Louis Billiken Men's Basketball, which also airs on the station. Ramsey is a Pattonville High School graduate.
- Rick Venturi Leaving Co-Host Role at 101 ESPN Radio
- Chris Duncan Returning To 'The Fast Lane' At 101 ESPN
- New 101 ESPN Radio Host Stopped Grocery Store Thief In MMA Style
- Welcome Back Randy Karraker
- Change At 101 ESPN: Post-Dispatch Writer Jeremy Rutherford In; Tom Casey Out