Congratulations to University City's "U City in Bloom" nonprofit, which is the winner of the Patch "Click to Claim" contest. The monthlong contest ended on Sunday and was designed to call attention to the Patch business directory and give businesses and readers a chance to help local charities with nothing but a few clicks of the mouse.
The contest asked local business owners to "claim" their listings in the Patch business directory. Claiming a listing gives owners power to add to and change listings, add their social media links and use other special tools to promote their business.
The contest started March 7. Patch readers nominated local charities to be beneficiaries of the contest. In Creve Coeur, readers nominated the , St. Louis section. And the Patch site with the most new claimed listings in a month's time won an advertising package on Patch worth up to $3,500 for that organization. Our advertising team will contact U City in Bloom, which won because University City Patch gained 34 new claimed listings, more than any other in the St. Louis area.
We thank our local business owners, who claimed more than 200 listings in the month. It's not too late to claim yours, and it's free.
- Visit the Patch site where your business is located. If you're already a user, make sure you log in first.
- Click on the "Directory" tab at the top of the page.
- Search for your business/organization and click on it.
- Scroll halfway down the page to where it says, "Do you own or manage this location? Claim it!" Click on "Claim It."
- Login and complete the four-question form providing all necessary information to expedite your claim.
We want to make sure it's really you claiming the listing, so please allow 3-5 business days for us to evaluate and approve your claim. You will be notified by email once it's approved.
Thank you to everyone who participated.