If you don't celebrate Christmas or you just have to pick up last minute gifts or supplies, you need to know where you can go and what you can do on Dec. 25. Here’s a list of local businesses and other establishments that are open on Christmas Day this year.
Events & Entertainment
- The ’s Staenberg Family Complex is hosting an event called , which is open to both members and non-members. Activities such as driedel spin-offs, a mitzvah project, candle-making, stories, songs and more are sure to keep the whole family busy. Tickets are $10 per family for members and $15 for non-members. For more information, contact Marianne Chervitz at 314-442-3454 or by email at email@example.com
- Most area theaters are open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including and .
Grocery, Pharmacy and Retail
If you need to buy toilet paper, an extra Christmas gift or a forgotten item for the family dinner, your best options will close by 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Still, hope won’t be lost on Christmas Day. A few options will be available for most must-have items.
- Twenty four-hour stores and pharmacies will remain open around the clock, and other Walgreens stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- will remain open.
- 7-Eleven will remain open.
In case you aren’t in the mood to cook or you need a little nourishment between holiday visits, you’ve got several local options for sustenance on Christmas Day.
- , located at 11464 Olive, will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- , located at 12366 Olive, will be open from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Want to get moving? Drive a few miles outside of Creve Coeur and try getting your cardio the fun way on Dec. 25.
- Head to the Steinberg Skating Rink, located at 400 Jefferson Drive in St. Louis for a day of skating, sitting by the bonfire or enjoying a meal at the Snowflake Café. The rink is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. It will cost you $10 per person--$6 adission and $4 skate rental. Call the rink at 314-361-0613 for details.
- The Hidden Valley Ski Resort, located at 17409 Hidden Valley Drive in Wildwood, is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. for skiing, snowboarding and intertubing. Before you make the drive, be sure to check the Hidden Valley website for the most recent snow report. Call 636-938-6999 for more details.
- Shaw Nature Reserve, located in Gray Summit, and all Missouri Conservation Areas are open on Dec. 25. Visitor centers and educational facilities will be closed, but visitors are welcome to enjoy a stroll through the grounds.
- Want to give back to your community? Participate in a number of Dec. 25 service projects being organized by the Stl Jewish & Muslim Day of Service group.