So you want to let people know about your event coming up? We can help. Here’s how:
- Decide which Patch suits you best—probably the Patch where the event is happening. You can always post to more than one Patch later, but you need a starting point. If you need help, email Gregg.Palermo@patch.com
- If you haven't done so already, create an account. If Creve Coeur Patch is the right Patch for you (and we hope it is!), click “Join” in the upper right corner. You’ll enter your name, an email address and a password, or you can join with your Facebook account. Then fill out your profile and upload a picture and describe yourself so readers know a little about you.
- Go to our Add A New Event page. Fill in the event title, date, time and place. You can also add the event’s website, phone, email and price.
- Add photos and video. Click the “Upload Photos and Video” button or hover over it and click the “YouTube Video” link to upload videos from YouTube.
- Tell your editor! If you want your event highlighted or cross-posted on other Patch sites, send Gregg an email. His address is always at the top of any Creve Coeur Patch page.
Remember that when submitting an event, geography is crucial. If your event is in St. Louis City and you want to post it in a Patch, the online form might not recognize your event’s address. You can always add the address by typing it into the “Where” section and clicking the green “Add it!” buttons that come up.
When you get started, be sure to Tweet/Facebook/Email/Pin/Stumble Upon/Whatever what you write. If you really want readers to see your posts, send them to your friends and family via email or share them on your social media networks.