Firefighters, government bodies and businesses are pausing to remember the lives of those lost 11 years ago today in the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil.
Monday night, Creve Coeur Mayor Barry Glantz referenced the victims of the 9/11 attacks at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Shanksville, Pennsylvania during the invocation at the regular City Council meeting.
- State and U.S. flags around Missouri will be flown at half-staff Tuesday.
- The will gather at Fire Station 1 for a
- The Monarch Fire Protection District will gather in front of the flagpoles at the agency's headquarters on Olive Boulevard at 8:45 a.m.
- will celebrate joining the Creve Coeur-Olivette Chamber of Commerce with a raffle fundraiser that benefits Backstoppers, a non-profit that supports the families of fallen police officers, firefighters and EMTs. .
- Eric Greitens, a graduate and a former Navy SEAL, will be part of a group ringing the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange Tuesday. Greitens is founder and CEO of The Mission Continues, an organization that grants community service fellowships to returning veterans.