"You can't fool Mother Nature," one high school football official said Friday evening. "Mother Nature's in control."
That unnamed official was speaking not from the sidelines of Friday's John Burroughs-St Louis matchup, but from the confines of the Science Building of the Burroughs campus, minutes after severe weather suspended the game at 5:15 p.m. The Bombers were up on the Rebels 35-0 in the second quarter, thanks to 3 TDs by Ezekiel Elliott
The game will resume Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
Many games which were supposed to kick off later Friday at 7 p.m. never began.
Parkway Central waited out the weather and started after 8 p.m. The Colts' homecoming tilt against Seckman sent everyone home happy, albeit a little late, by a score of 49-7.
Here's Saturday's new-look schedule, complicated by having to arrange officiating crews in some cases, and in other cases waiting until after ACT testing for students:
- vs. Rockwood Summit at Parkway North, 12 p.m.
- vs. Ft. Zumwalt West at Chaminade, 3 p.m.
- vs. Vianney at De Smet, 4 p.m.
- was already scheduled to play McCluer South at Berkeley, at 2 p.m.
- was already scheduled to play at Hazelwood East at 1 p.m.