Over the past seven years, the Annual B’nai Amoona Electronics Drive has inspired the St. Louis community to continue recycling and keep the earth clean for future generations. To further support the mission to keep St. Louis landfill-free MERS/Goodwill, Congregation B’nai Amoona and the City of Creve Coeur will partner to host the eighth annual recycling and general donations drive. In 2011 alone, the electronics recycling drive collected more than 1,600 individual donations that would have otherwise been dumped into nearby landfills.
MERS/Goodwill will provide participants with a tax receipt for their donation on the spot, and attendants will be present to unload donations. It is a one-stop-drop. Prior sorting of items is not necessary, and electronics do not need to be in working condition.
The group will be collecting the following electronic devices to recycle:
- Computers and computer accessories
- Networking and telecommunication equipment e.g. clocks, phones (land-line or cellular)
- TVs, VCRs, DVD players, stereos, A/V equipment including cable and satellite boxes
- Home Electronics and Appliances
- Any item with an engine, motor or battery
MERS/Goodwill will accept other items for donation in addition to electronics at this drive.