Serious shoppers have long known Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is the day for bargains.
But as last year showed, retailers are opening earlier than ever and this year is no exception.
Walmart has set the bar at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day for 2012 sales to start. Will other stores follow?
In the Creve Coeur area, Kohls will open again at 12 a.m. Friday for the second consecutive year. Online Black Friday "Doorbuster" deals will be available on the store's website beginning Wednesday November 21.
Area mall doors will open at various times, though some of their stores may or may not be open then.
- The St. Louis Galleria will open at 6 a.m. on Black Friday morning.
- The West County Center will open at 5 a.m. with select stores opening at midnight.
- Plaza Frontenac opens at 9 a.m. with select stores opening at 8 a.m.
Many sales haven't been announced yet. Target offers a signup to receive text messages of sales, and previews a 40-inch Toshiba TV, a Samsung laptop computer, a Playstation 3 and other sale items on its website.
Want to get the most from your shopping? About.com offers nine tips to get the most out of your Black Friday.
- Check Out the Ads
- Do Your Research Before Friday
- Compare Prices
- Look for Early Bird Shopper Discounts
- Beat the Crowds with Night Owl Discounts on Thanksgiving
- Bring the Ads
- Know the Store Policies
- Ask for Gift Receipts
- Saying "Charge It" Can Pay Off