FOX2 reported this morning that a Creve Coeur man was able to escape his burning home in the 200 block of South Spoede after 1 a.m. Thursday morning.
The station said the man attempted to put the fire out on a back porch with a garden hose.
Creve Coeur fire crews were joined by the Monarch Fire Protection District and the Ladue Fire Department on scene, according to KSDK-TV.
A Creve Coeur fire spokesman said both residents in the house escaped unharmed.
By 9 a.m. Thursday, restoration crews were already busy at work on the site, with tarps covering the roof in the rear of the home.