A two-year U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency investigation brought 62 charges against 30 people involved in producing methamphetamine in North and Northwest St. Louis County.
Charges were filed in St. Louis County Circuit Court last week against people in web-like network of at least 25 people. Those involved in the meth ring include residents in Maryland Heights, Bridgeton, St. Louis County, St. Charles, St. Ann, Overland, Breckenridge Hills, Woodson Terrace, St. John and Bel Ridge.
Information from the St. Louis County Prosecutor’s office indicates police still are seeking several people who have warrants out for their arrest.
Those facing charges in Patch areas include:
- David Field, 46 of the 3500 block of Falcon Drive in Bridgeton
- Tonya Collins, 37, of the 11300 block of Trieste in unincorporated St. Louis County north of Creve Coeur
- Daniel Wright, 48 of the 12000 block of Colonial Drive in Maryland Heights
- Lisa Pangborn, 36, of the 3800 block of Raymond Street in Bridgeton
- Michael L. Southard, 48, of the 3700 block of Runnymede Lane in St. Charles
Another man charged in the investigation, Scott Banta, of the 8700 block of Argyle Avenue in Overland, told law enforcement officials his meth lab caused a fire at his home July 1, 2011. Banta was burned in the fire, and two children were in the house on Argyle when the blaze started.
Banta was charged Dec. 5 with second-degree trafficking in methamphetamine, providing material for meth manufacturing, two counts of child endangerment, possessing chemicals to make meth and possessing drug-related items to make meth.
Others charged in the DEA investigation:
- Jackie Hoskins, 33, of the 3500 block of Dixie Drive in St. Ann;
- Samantha Wood, 22, of the 11000 block of St. Ambrose Lane in St. Ann;
- Jerry Calvert, 58, of the 10100 block of Cabana Club Lane in St. Ann;
- Marie A. Miller, 44, of the 9800 block of St. Charles Lane in St. Ann;
- Bryant Blair, 29, of the 3100 block of Sherman Drive in St. Ann;
- Tony Young, 44, of the 4100 block of Edmundson Road in Woodson Terrace;
- Katrina Canup, 30, of the 4100 block of Edmundson Road in Woodson Terrace;
- Thomas Gens, 27, of the 9700 block of Corregidor Avenue in Woodson Terrace;
- Melissa Metze, 30, of the 9300 block of Harold Avenue in Woodson Terrace;
- Aimee Guinn, 41, of the 4200 block of Calvert Avenue in Woodson Terrace.
- Jennifer Baker, 35, of the 3200 block of Rex Avenue in Breckenridge Hills;
- Amy Davis, 32, of the 3200 block of Rex Avenue in Breckenridge Hills;
- Rowena Littlefawn MacDonald, of the 3300 block of South Gordon Avenue in Breckenridge Hills;
- Scott Banta, 34, of the 8700 block of Argyle Avenue in Overland;
- Shawn Embree, 33, of the 1900 block of Burns Avenue in Overland;
- William Booth, 27, of the 3400 block of Charlack Avenue in St. John;
- Jeffrey Kassel, 30, of the 3500 block of Gordon Avenue in St. John;
- Nena Pierson, 25, of the 3500 block of East Edgar Avenue in Bel Ridge;
- Sabrina Lawson, 28, of the 2800 block of Lyndhurst in St. Louis County near Bel Ridge.