Missouri Department of Transportation crews will close all lanes and ramps on westbound Interstate 64 downtown between the I-44/I-55 ramp on the Poplar Street Bridge and 21st Street on the double deck structure this weekend, starting at 10 a.m. Friday to continue work to remove and replace the driving surface. Up to two eastbound lanes will be closed for safety during this work.
All westbound lanes, except for the right lane, will be open by 5:30 a.m. Monday, August 12.
Lane shifts and lane closures continue on westbound and eastbound I-44 in between Lewis Road and Antire Road as part of a pavement reconstruction project. The changes on I-44 will remain until fall 2012.
For more traffic information, be sure to visit the Commute Section on Creve Coeur Patch
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until late August 2012.
- Route 141, St. Louis County, one lane open in each direction between St. Luke’s Hospital and just north of Ladue Road.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until mid-September, Route M under I-55 will be closed.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the 10th Street and 14th Street ramps to westbound I-64 will be closed until early September.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramp from westbound I-64 to 21st/Market Street will be closed weekdays from 10 a.m. until 3 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, one right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-44, St. Louis County, the ramp from Elm to westbound I-44 is closed until mid-September.