The Rebels will have a full season in 2012 playing at the school's updated athletic complex.
Marty Combs' squad lost one of the program's stars on the field and in the classroom in flanker Seve Esparrago, who graduated and is now at MIT. Here's the coach on five key questions heading into tonight's opener at Alton.
1. Key Returning Players: Offensively, we return all five starting O-Linemen (Ed Houser, Sam Bruns, John Houser, John Vitale and Brian Vaporean), QB David Nogalski and RB Thomas Raybuck.
2. Key Departing Players: Esparrago
3. What will be your team's strength this season? Senior Leadership
4. Who is showing the biggest jump from last year? WR Patrick Agnew, WR/DB Jacob Walburn and FB/LB John Rhodes.
5. We'll be playing in November if.. We stay healthy, play our game of football and get a break here and there.
2012 Priory Football Schedule (courtesy the school's website)
DATEOPPONENTSITETIME Saturday, 8/25 Alton Marquette West Elem. 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 9/1 Lutheran North Away 1:00 p.m. Friday, 9/7 John Burroughs Away 4:30 p.m. Saturday, 9/15 MICDS Home 1:00 p.m. Saturday, 9/22 Westminster Away 1:00 p.m. Friday, 9/28 Lutheran South Away 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 10/6 Breese Mater Dei Home 2:00 p.m. Saturday, 10/13 Affton* Home 1:00 p.m. Friday, 10/19 St. Dominic Away 7:00 p.m. Friday, 10/26 TBD TBD TBD *Homecoming