students gathered in the high school gym Wednesday morning to celebrate the work of seven classmates who made their college choices official on the first day athletes in several sports could sign their national letters of intent.
- Katie Kuehl, a gymnast who will help launch the inaugural Gymnastics squad at Lindenwood University.
- Natalie Gray, a diver who will attend Ohio University.
- Michael Bozarth, an all-conference baseball player and football kicker who will play baseball at St. Louis University.
- Joe Brinckworth, playing soccer at DePaul.
- Jovonte Suber, heading to St. Cloud State University in Minnesota to play running back.
- Phil Posley, who will play linebacker at Lindenwood.
- Donavin Newsom, who will attend the University of Missouri and play at linebacker.
Newsom gave Missouri a verbal pledge over the summer. He said there was interest from Nebraska, Indiana, and Arkansas, but ultimately an overriding factor was the ability to stay close to home. He told Patch there was no last-minute push by another school to sway his decision, as is sometimes the case.
Suber surged in his senior season when given the opportunity to carry the load at running back for the Vikings when Newsom, the team's starting running back, missed time with injury.